Thursday 24 April 2014

Day 1 - Live Below the Line

Hi Everyone,
                                                                                                                                                           Today is my first day of 'Living Below the Line' as part of raising money for UNICEF. The challenge is to live for just £1 per day of food/ water for 5 days. I'll point out that this challenge is not about starvation or myself loosing any weight. It is simply about trying to gain a greater appreciation for what many of us in this country have.
                                                                                                                                        
At the moment, I'm feeling positive, but I know that this challenge will not be easy. Living off 1 meal a day is not something that have experienced before. Overall, I hope that this will be a rewarding and invaluable experience. I heard on the news yesterday about a recent conflict that has erupted in Niger (West Africa) and was shocked by the further millions of people who continue to go hungry and will again today go without food or clean water.....
                                                                                    
Best Wishes for now,
Elizabeth Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment