Friday 25 April 2014

Day 2 - Live Below the Line

Day 2: Live Below the Line

So I'm on Day 2 of my 'Live Below the Line' challenge and I have to admit, I feel great! This challenge has already taught me how lucky I am just to do something as simple to as going to a cupboard and getting food... Many millions across the world today do not have that luxury.

My breakfast, lunch and dinner today was a single jacket potato (no butter, no fillings. NOTHING) to be perfectly honest, I wasn't exactly excited about this... But then I remember something that my friend Tom Hiddleston said and it suddenly change my outlook:

"It really brings home the effects of hunger in a very real way. What's so humbling is that there are millions of men, women and children who don't have a choice and there is no five night end to their hunger, the hunger just continues for their entire lives."

My hunger is only temporary, this time next week, I will be able to eat normally again. I have now begun to think and feel differently about the world. I have learn to appreciate what I do in fact have and the many opportunities that have helped to shape me into the person I am today.

Best Wishes,
Elizabeth Pennington




No comments:

Post a Comment